Monday, October 6, 2008

A ZEN BABY SHOWER

On Sunday I threw a baby shower for my amazing girlfriend, Sara. She is a yoga instructor and definitely loves all things "yoga". So when I was thinking about themes, I came up with a "zen-yoga" baby shower theme.

I thought I would share all the details in case anyone needs a neat theme for an upcoming shower.



I tried to transform my place into a spa-like environment. I removed some pieces of furniture so that we could cover the ground with yoga mats and huge pillows, to encourage people to get comfortable and relax.




I served a very simple menu, for Sara is not a very adventurous eater. As a creative way to tie the menu into the "yoga" theme, I named all dishes as yoga poses. I also wrote all of the food names on rocks. The menu was pretty cute.

- Zen Punch- Champagne Punch
- Peaceful Tea- Green Tea
- Locust Pose Samo's
- Triangle Pose Brie
- Downward Facing Doggies (BBQ Lil Smokies)
- Child's Pose Mac and Cheese
- Happy Babies- Tomato, Mozzarella and Basil



The tables were decorated with orchids, candles and more rocks to give it a "zen" feel. I also placed nice quotes on the tables with the centerpieces.





Instead of wrapping her gifts I used them to decorate, because they went along with the yoga theme.



My cake designer did not disappoint as he delivered a work of art for the shower.



It was so great that so many of Sara's friends and family could join. It was a great afternoon.






1 comment:

Kerri Butler said...

Soooooo much fun!!!! It was beautiful!