Friday, July 25, 2008

A DAY TO CELEBRATE!!

Today is a very important day that I felt I wanted to do a quick blog on. Exactly a year ago today my cousin Amy was diagnosed with cancer in multiple parts of her body. This was a very sad and scary day for everyone in my family last year. I remember my mom telling me that she wanted to bring my cousin Kerry over to see my new loft, so when I opened the door to just find my mom standing there I knew something was wrong. When she sat on the couch and burst into to tears telling me about what had been discovered by doctors, it was really hard to believe it was real and it was probably one of the biggest wake up calls I have ever had. The news hit me very hard and made cancer seem like something that actually can happen to people in their 20's and 30's. That day I made a very important decision that I believe has changed my future, I quit smoking.

Well it is a year later and miraculously my cousin's cancer is gone and I have not touched a cigarette since that evening on July 25th 2007. So today is truly a day to celebrate for both of us :) To celebrate my break up with smoking I am throwing my self a little "Smoke Out BBQ" tomorrow to celebrate!

CONGRATS AMY!!!!

No comments: