Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Derby days and crawfish legs.....



Last Saturday we headed out for my second annual crawfish boil at Nono's. My girlfriend Brandi, who is originally from Louisiana introduced me to the event last year at Nono's. Well I wanted to keep the tradition alive, even though unfortunately Brandi could not make it this year (she moved to Hong Kong a couple months ago :( ).



Kerri, Lauren and I had an awesome time! We sat at a big table with an entire family for New Orleans, who quickly taught us the proper way to "suck the heads" of crawfish. They were so much fun and gave us so many awesome tips for the next time we return to NOLA.

We sat and ate pounds and pounds of crawdads, while sipping bloody mary's, mimiosa's and of course hurricanes! At the very end of our southern smorgasbord the Kentucky Derby began, and although we did not have our hats, we sure were cheering for our favorite horses.

1 comment:

Kerri Butler said...

Yummy, it was delicious!!!